Spring is in the air! FINALLY! It was a long winter but we finally have that grill back on! And tonight, we’re making hot dogs and brats on the grill. YUM!
What goes better with dogs and brats than some homemade french fries?! Adam and I love fries and probably eat them far too often. And I just assume that making them on our own makes them a littttle bit healthier?!
See below for super easy recipe to bake your own fries!
What you’ll need (Serving size 2-4 depending on the size of your potatoes)
- 2 Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Baking Sheet
How to make em
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F
- Wash and cut up your potatoes into thin slivers like photo below. (We’ve also made them as wedges so really you can cut them any way you prefer!)
- Once all the potatoes are cut up, lay them down on your baking sheet (I cover mine with tinfoil) and drizzle with Olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and oregano.
- With your hands, mix the oil and seasonings into your potatoes.
- Put in the oven for about 25 minutes
- I now flip over the fries and sometimes sprinkle on a little more seasoning- depending on how they’re looking.
- Put back in oven for about 20 minutes. Depending on how crispy or soft you like your fries, you can play with the oven times a bit!
Take out, cool and enjoy!